Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not able to unzip the package created using package manager in AEMaaCs

Level 5

Hi Team,

I have created a package of a component in my local and tried to unzip the same, but it is giving me below error

ganeshbyale_0-1658298331999.png

Somehow I was able to unzip using terminal but xml file was missing in the unzipped folder.

I am using Macbook and AEM as cloud service.

Thanks

Ganesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aem-enthu27,

First issue is related to MacOS Archive Utility tool. I would suggest to use different tool or terminal like you did.

In terms of missing XML files. Please be aware that all content related XML files in crx package are named .content.xml - the dot at the beginning is interpreted by MacOS as a hidden file, this is why you're seeing empty folders. Use “Command” + “Shift” + “.” (period) combination to see hidden files.

In general I would say both issues are rather related to MacOS than to AEM or crx package manger itself.

Here is also nice article that covers multiple scenarios related to hidden files, and how you can make it visible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aem-enthu27,

First issue is related to MacOS Archive Utility tool. I would suggest to use different tool or terminal like you did.

In terms of missing XML files. Please be aware that all content related XML files in crx package are named .content.xml - the dot at the beginning is interpreted by MacOS as a hidden file, this is why you're seeing empty folders. Use “Command” + “Shift” + “.” (period) combination to see hidden files.

In general I would say both issues are rather related to MacOS than to AEM or crx package manger itself.

Here is also nice article that covers multiple scenarios related to hidden files, and how you can make it visible.

Community Advisor

hi,

Use terminal to unzip in mac and check for hidden file as mentioned by @lukasz-m 

unzip "sample-content.zip"

Arun Patidar