Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Not able to reset password through useradmin

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to reset password pf other users through useradmin but i ma getting an error that "Failure-could not set password".

Does anyone have any idea why it is happening. I have tried for multiple users.

Regards,

Lovepreet

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you logged in as admin while doing the reset password ?

Employee

Can you see any error in the logs ? the browser debug tool may help as well

Employee Advisor

When you try to change the password, there should be a POST call to the user path as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 9.18.35 AM.png

Can you check if this POST request is returning a status code other than 200 OK ?

Employee

Is there any custom validation set for the Password to match a particular pattern, before it gets accepted? I have seen some cases wherein there's some custom validation set on the Password fields, for which a particular pattern(at least 1 uppercase, at least 1 lowercase, at least 1 numeral, etc.) must be followed for the password to get saved.

When you try to create a new user with the similar passwords, are you able to create those users successfully, or do you get similar error?

Are you able to set the same password(for which you are getting that error) through Touch UI (Tools -> Security -> Users) ?

Level 7

Hi,

just a suggestion. Some customer has the same issue but they put a wrong password into the first field.

Are you using:

• Your admin password

and then:

• new password for user
  • confirmation password for user

for reset password?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Antonio