Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Not able to Activate any content using activate later

Level 3

Hi,

Activate later functionality for activating my content doesn't seem to work. I have used the same in one of my custom workflow and the result is same. Content is not activated with future date.

Error stack trace that is populated is:

10.08.2016 13:15:02.140 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/2016-08-10/model_12114258102655171:/content/cpw/en_GB/home/products/philips/shb-3060-wireless-headphones] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish5 Error while building replication content com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Version 1.25 not found for path /content/cpw/en_GB/home/products/philips/shb-3060-wireless-headphones
10.08.2016 13:15:02.140 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/2016-08-10/model_12114258102655171:/content/cpw/en_GB/home/products/philips/shb-3060-wireless-headphones] com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl Error while building replication content.
com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Version 1.25 not found for path /content/cpw/en_GB/home/products/philips/shb-3060-wireless-headphones
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.create(DurboContentBuilder.java:295)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.create(DurboContentBuilder.java:140)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ServiceTrackerImpl$ContentBuilderWrapper.create(ServiceTrackerImpl.java:250)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.AgentImpl.buildContent(AgentImpl.java:348)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.AgentImpl.buildContent(AgentImpl.java:324)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl.buildContents(ReplicatorImpl.java:498)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl.replicate(ReplicatorImpl.java:376)
    at com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ReplicatePageProcess.execute(ReplicatePageProcess.java:191)
    at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)
    at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:215)
    at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:145)
    at org.apache.sling.event.jobs.JobUtil$1.run(JobUtil.java:366)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Process used in custom workflow is:

com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ActivatePageProcess

AEM version used: AEM 6.0 sp2

Pre-requisite: Made sure admin access is used.

Please help me with both: Out of the box activate later functionality as well as with process com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ActivatePageProcess 

11 Replies

Level 10

Can you activate content from siteadmin? 

Level 7

If the standard activation works, have you try to use the on / off property?

Level 3

Can you please elaborate more on on/off property.

Are you talking about following page property- "Check if approval needed for actiavtion"? If yes, then yes this switch was enabled.

Level 3

Hi,

I have tried using on/off property as well. But due to some reason on property deactivates already activated page till the specified on time. 

Scenario: I have one abc.html which is already activated, i have modified this page and then specified on time for 10mins later. After activating this page; in between those 10mins, page remains deactivated and then again activates back after specified on time.

Please help

Level 7

Hi,

the behaviour is correct, just because the on off property are used to determine when the page could be available. So, if the on time is "in the future" and the page is already activated, it is deactivated and re-activated at the on time.

What you can try is to put the ON property value "on the past". Even if when i've time i can check you workflow in order to understand where is the problem related to Acitvate/deactivate later functionality.

Level 7
        I mean the page properties that could be use to schedule the activation or deactivation of it. Refer to this page: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/editing-page-properties.html

Level 3

Thanks, that seems to be working for me.

However that has fixed my out of the box activate later issue. I still need help for custom workflow which makes use of Activate Page/Asset component. (Process: com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ActivatePageProcess) I can still observe same error in my stack trace.

Level 7
        Could you attach the workflow that you are using?

Level 3

I am using attached workflow (attaching image as zip is not supported). And the process fails in extreme left split, after check product rollout pages.

Level 3

In addition to above workflow, i have also tried using basic workflow ie just by addition of activate page component (please refer image below); but due to some reason this workflow also doesn't seem to work.