Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

No Template coming when clicking on create page

Level 4

Hi Have created a bundle using

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/developing-aem-osgi-bundles-jackrabbit.html

everythign is fine, but at last step when i try to create a page and choose template. No templates are being shown.

I can see templates section as grayed out. Please help.

I have attached screenshot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make sure you have set allowedPaths in template with value /content(/.*)?

As mentioned in point 5 of create a template section, in the above link you pointed.

Documentation

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Are you seeing any error in the error.log and also make sure you are referring correct component path and allowed path value on template node.

Thanks,

Kishore

Administrator

This article is for  Adobe CQ 5.5 and Adobe CQ 5.6. Please check you the AEM version. 

For AEM 6+

Use this article for reference :- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/using-query-builder-servlet.html (QueryBuilder API)

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make sure you have set allowedPaths in template with value /content(/.*)?

As mentioned in point 5 of create a template section, in the above link you pointed.

Documentation

Level 4

Most of the time when I've had that issue, I have to go back and check every step ensuring that I don't have a typo, or that I've misspelled a property that I was supposed to add etc. One extra space, or a missing period in a regex, and the template won't show. If you've verified that you're using the correct version, and go back over it carefully, you'll probably catch the mistake. Another thing you may have to do is to get another helpx article that involves creating a template and page, (which most of them do), and follow the steps in it. Sometimes, specific helpx articles leave out CRITICAL steps, (e.g. adding a dialog so that sidekick will show up etc.), and if you only use one helpx article, you could spend days trouble-shooting. I've found it useful to just use another source to find out how to do the same thing you're trying to accomplish, and it will sometimes have the missing step included there, (sort of super-setting the instructions).

If all else fails and none of the prior suggestions work, take a working version of a template from another component that you've built, copy and paste it below the new component, and then go and change all of the names and properties etc. to match the article.