Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

No notification with "Request Publication" button in Touch UI Editor mode

Level 2

When a user does not have rights to publish a page, he sees "Request publication" button in Touch UI editor mode.

If there are assets attached to page which are in unpublished state, it will take the user to wizard where he can select the required assets and send to workflow for admin user publish request. Then returns back to the original page and shows popup "pending for activation". 

If there are NO assets attached to page which are in unpublished state, it will try to initiate workflow instance for the page only but does not notify anything back to the initiator. However, in the admin notification, can see a new entry for this page activation request. Debugging this shows that at some stage after finding the associated assets / references, it tries to make POST request to http://localhost:4502/bin/replicate.json which returns with "403 Forbidden". Is this known bug ? or Am I missing something here. 

User that I am using for this has rights as administrator to all locations except "Replicate" rights. This we have checked in AEM 6.0 Vanilla version without any customization. 

Appreciate any hint in this area. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
2 Replies

Level 10

I asked support to look at this thread to determine if its a bug.

Correct answer by
Level 10