Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Nesting content (bundle) modules - content-package maven plugin

Level 1

I have project which contains 3 content sub modules and 2 bundle sub modules. I want to pack all of them into one package which will contain 3 zips with content's module and 2 with jars. How to achieve this while using content-package maven plugin?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
<plugin> <groupId>com.day.jcr.vault</groupId> <artifactId>content-package-maven-plugin</artifactId> <extension>true</extension> <configuration> <group>myPackages</group> <filterSource>src/main/content/META-INF/vault/filter.xml</filterSource> <properties> <aclHandling>overwrite</aclHandling> </properties> <embeddeds> <embedded> <groupId>com.example</groupId> <artifactId>myEmbeddedBundle</artifactId> <target>/apps/myAppp/install</target> </embedded> </embeddeds> <subPackages> <subPackage> <groupId>com.example</groupId> <artifactId>myEmbeddedContentPackage</artifactId> <filter>true</filter> </subPackage> </subPackages> </configuration> </plugin>

THis is a sample defintion for your pom. It embedds the bundle com.example:myEmbeddedBundle and the content package com.example:myEmbeddedContentPackage into the content package. You need to add the bundle and the contentpackage to the dependency section also.

HTH,

Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
<plugin> <groupId>com.day.jcr.vault</groupId> <artifactId>content-package-maven-plugin</artifactId> <extension>true</extension> <configuration> <group>myPackages</group> <filterSource>src/main/content/META-INF/vault/filter.xml</filterSource> <properties> <aclHandling>overwrite</aclHandling> </properties> <embeddeds> <embedded> <groupId>com.example</groupId> <artifactId>myEmbeddedBundle</artifactId> <target>/apps/myAppp/install</target> </embedded> </embeddeds> <subPackages> <subPackage> <groupId>com.example</groupId> <artifactId>myEmbeddedContentPackage</artifactId> <filter>true</filter> </subPackage> </subPackages> </configuration> </plugin>

THis is a sample defintion for your pom. It embedds the bundle com.example:myEmbeddedBundle and the content package com.example:myEmbeddedContentPackage into the content package. You need to add the bundle and the contentpackage to the dependency section also.

HTH,

Jörg

Level 1

Thanks for help. This was what I needed.

But there raised another issue while subPackaging other modules. I got strange error while building project with content-package which has one subPackage called module-1 and got Package does not contain properties.xml error. When I go to this module and run mvn install package is building and there is properties.xml file in it. Only building from outside this module causes such problem... I have more modules subPackagged  but others were building fine.

Thanks for help in advance.

Employee Advisor

Hm, that's strange then. I would expect that the content-package-maven-plugin does not inspect the subpackages, but just includes them without further checks. So I don't know :-(

Jörg

Level 1

Everything is clear right now.

I had some cached repos in my m2 repository.

Other question is: I have already a module with packaging bundle which contains logic and content as well. Do I have to separate this module into bundle and content and embedds bundle into content. Or maybe I can use content-package and and goal for maven to create bundle also for this module?

Thanks for help.

Employee Advisor

You cannot mix packaging "bundle" and packaging "content" in a maven module. You need to have 2 bundles then, and the content package can embedd the bundle.

Jörg