Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Need to add custom button/link in inbox for a workflow action

Level 1

Hi All, 

I am new to AEM

Racer3189_1-1682356656820.png

I need to add a custom link or button in workflow action bar in inbox. Can some please help how to add/to add, Also please confirm whether we can use workflow session variable to be passed in this custom link ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

you can override the below path by copying it into apps. Under selection node create a node similar to 'completeTask' and add the required details.

/libs/cq/inbox/content/inbox/jcr:content/actions/selection

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Yes, it's possible to add a custom link or button in the workflow action bar in the inbox. Here are the general steps to follow:

1. Create a new custom workflow process step by extending the OOTB process step (e.g. "Done" or "Approve").
  2. In the custom step, add a new property to the process step to define the label for the new button/link.
  3. Override the execute() method of the custom process step to add the desired functionality when the new button/link is clicked.
  4. Build and package the new custom workflow process step.
  5. Deploy the package to your AEM instance.
  6. Add the new custom process step to the workflow model.
  7. Open the inbox and you should see the new button/link in the workflow action bar.

To pass workflow session variables to the custom link, you can use the Workflow Data API.

Correct answer by
Level 2

you can override the below path by copying it into apps. Under selection node create a node similar to 'completeTask' and add the required details.

/libs/cq/inbox/content/inbox/jcr:content/actions/selection