Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need Help Choosing the Right Servers for AEM 6.5 Publish: Complex Templates & Apps

Level 2

Hi All,

I am looking for guidance on picking the best servers for AEM 6.5 publishing when dealing with complex templates and applications. Can someone explain how to use this formula effectively and share their experiences with varying application and template complexities? Your insights would be really helpful!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_rookie 

This is an open question and hard to answer. My recommendation would be to partner with Adobe Experts to assist you with your environment setup if you are considering an on-premise version of AEM. If you are considering AEMaaCS, I believe Adobe will handle most of the heavy lifting in this regard.

Here are the things you must consider before deciding on an AEM infrastructure:

1. Assess Your Requirements: Start by understanding the key requirements of your AEM 6.5 publishing environment. Consider factors such as expected traffic volume, concurrent users, content size, and response time expectations.

2. Analyze Template and Application Complexity: Evaluate the complexity of your templates and applications. Consider factors like the number of components, the depth of the component hierarchy, and the extent of dynamic content generation.

3. Hardware Specifications: Based on your assessment, determine the hardware specifications needed. This includes CPU, RAM, storage, and network bandwidth. Consider whether you need multiple servers for load balancing and redundancy.

4. Scaling Strategy: Decide on your scaling strategy. Will you need vertical scaling (adding more resources to a single server) or horizontal scaling (adding more servers)? This will depend on your expected traffic and redundancy requirements.

5. Performance Testing: Conduct performance testing to validate your hardware and scaling choices. This will help you fine-tune your server configuration and ensure it meets your performance goals.

6. Monitor and Optimize: Continuously monitor your environment and make optimizations as needed. Use monitoring tools to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.

Hope these insights are helpful.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@AEM_rookie Does your complex template serves static contents or dynamic contents? Complexity is relative. Even if you have complex template and serves static contents can be delivered with fast performance using caching layers(dispatcher, CDN).You can always start with basic 2 publishers with dispatcher and cdn comes with cloud and scale(add more publish) it based on performance since its cloud. 

I feel the complex templates affects authoring more i feel than publish. To understand more of general AEM architecture to get some idea. please check the be link. There is no direct formula to calculate the servers with template complexity afaik. Start with basic set up and add up.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager- 65/deploying/deploying/recommended-deplo...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_rookie 

This is an open question and hard to answer. My recommendation would be to partner with Adobe Experts to assist you with your environment setup if you are considering an on-premise version of AEM. If you are considering AEMaaCS, I believe Adobe will handle most of the heavy lifting in this regard.

Here are the things you must consider before deciding on an AEM infrastructure:

1. Assess Your Requirements: Start by understanding the key requirements of your AEM 6.5 publishing environment. Consider factors such as expected traffic volume, concurrent users, content size, and response time expectations.

2. Analyze Template and Application Complexity: Evaluate the complexity of your templates and applications. Consider factors like the number of components, the depth of the component hierarchy, and the extent of dynamic content generation.

3. Hardware Specifications: Based on your assessment, determine the hardware specifications needed. This includes CPU, RAM, storage, and network bandwidth. Consider whether you need multiple servers for load balancing and redundancy.

4. Scaling Strategy: Decide on your scaling strategy. Will you need vertical scaling (adding more resources to a single server) or horizontal scaling (adding more servers)? This will depend on your expected traffic and redundancy requirements.

5. Performance Testing: Conduct performance testing to validate your hardware and scaling choices. This will help you fine-tune your server configuration and ensure it meets your performance goals.

6. Monitor and Optimize: Continuously monitor your environment and make optimizations as needed. Use monitoring tools to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.

Hope these insights are helpful.

Esteban Bustamante