Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

My site experiences slower page loads. SO I need to identify slow running requests. How I can get it done.

Level 7

Hi Team,

My site experiences slower page loads. SO I need to identify slow running requests. How I can get it done.

I saw there are options in internet.

a. Use rlog.jar with the following command $ java -jar ../opt/helpers/rlog.jar -n 10 requests.

log to identify long running requests.

b. Use proxy.jar with the command java -jar proxy.jar to debug the webserver and AEM server communications.

c. Download Heapdumps from Tools > Operations > Diagnosis and analyze the Heapdumps using the Memory Analyzer Tool.

d. Embed /libs/foundation/components/timing component in the Page Component and verify the page load time.

What is the best ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

First filter out the slow request using rlog utility.

and download Heapdumps and analyse at granular level

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@JakeCham Please check the below items

1. Check for a specific page which takes long time to load, tail the log and see any error and then take it from there.

2. Check for any scheduled job if its running which takes lot of memory or memory leaks or session not closed.

3. While tailing the logs, look for any query traversals which definitely slows down the performance. If its there, create index for those expensive queries. 

4. Tail the dispatcher log, if you are expecting the pages should be served from dispatcher cache. Why the cache miss is happening. check the dispatcher /cache configuration.

5. You can heap dump analysis like you said.

hope this helps

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

First filter out the slow request using rlog utility.

and download Heapdumps and analyse at granular level

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi @JakeCham : At high level you can see which are the slower responding requests on your page by inspecting 'Network' tab on the browser.

This could also help to identify if there are unwanted/cacheable requests which can be avoided/cached/merged etc. Once you identify the slower requests, you can debug them further in detail by looking at logs etc.

Kamal_Kishor_0-1703244506419.png