Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple Domains and SAML

Level 2

We have a setup that hosts multiple domains (40+) on the same AEM instance. Our staging environment needs to mirror this multiple domain setup but the publish domains need to be password protected. We currently use SAML for authentication. When SAML posts back after authentication it goes to the primary site. Other services which use SAML across multiple servers appear to use the RelayState to track the final destination domain.

I can not find any information on how to accomplish this within AEM. We are currently using AEM 5.6.1 but are looking to upgrade to AEM 6.1 in the near future.

Can anyone point me in a direction on how we can use SAML for authentication across multiple domains?

3 Replies

Level 2
        Any solution for the issue above

Level 1

AEM supports multiple SAML Authentication handlers, so It should be possible for multiple domains.

Level 2

There did not look to be a way to solve this using a single SAML handler. The direction was as above, setup a separate SAML handler for each domain. We ended up solving the ask with Apache level password protection. Doesn't tie into the SAML auth system but it was sufficient for the time.