Expand my Community achievements bar.

MSM: finding references pages when submitting for review

Level 1

Hello all,

We're just getting started implementing MSM on our websites and stepping away from the manual process we always used to follow. We are trying to keep the review process in place, whereby a page is submitted for review/approval before it is made available to a wider group of stakeholders for implementation in their sites. 

The issue we're facing is, I think, one of references. Our pages make heavy use of the list functionality that pulls in different page properties (like a title or a summary) to build up the page. For example, our landing page is made up of a title and summary that's created on the landing page itself, but all of the rest of the links off to other pages are being pulled in via a list component.

If someone submits the landing page (that has 8 page references building up the 8 links), as a submitter I would ideally like to be prompted that I have to submit 9 pages in total: the landing page plus the 8 references pages. As a reviewer, I would also like to be informed or receive 9 pages total and not have to manually double-check and/or remind the submitter to submit the other pages to me.

I'm being told that it's not possible to automatically/technically check for this in a submission workflow because the script could wind up in an endless loop. I'm a semi-technical business user so coding is beyond me, but it just strikes me that there must be a solution to this as I can manually check for references in AEM on any given page/asset. 

Has anyone run into this before and found a workaround/solution? All input is appreciated as right now it looks our dev team is out of ideas.Many thanks in advance!

0 Replies