Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

MSM - Activation done on Content modification

Level 1

Hi There,

Currently, I am facing an issue in MSM service on content activation. Any help would be helpful.

Issue - The live-copy contents are getting published automatically whenever there is a change in BluePrint source content without any manual activation. I have given the trigger as 'publish'. But it triggers on any content modification itself. No customization has been done so far. As of now, I am using the core service.

Expectation: The live-copy content should be activated only when there is a publish trigger in the source blueprint page.

Version: 6.2

1719049_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks.

9 Replies

Level 10

Path to check rollout configs as mentioned by Vishu:

/content/<we-retail or your project_root>/us/en/jcr:content/cq:LiveSyncConfig

cq:rolloutConfigs

String[]

/apps/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/pushondelete, /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/default

Employee Advisor

Hello Praveen,

Can you try with OOTB "Activate on Blueprint activation" config and see how it goes?

Regards,

Vishu

Level 1

Hi Vishu,

Currently, I am using all the OOTB rollout configs. Not added any of my custom ones. Please find the config screenshot.

The OOTB 'Activate on blueprint activation' is causing the issue. It activates the live copy pages without any publish trigger. I have checked the cq:trigger for 'Activate on blueprint' roll config. It looks correct and mentioned as 'publish'.

AEM MSM   Blueprint Control Center.png

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

According to this, the content from blueprint (Source) will get copied to live copy automatically when there are any modifications in source and livecopy will be activated/deactivated only when the source is activated.

But in your case, the live copy is getting activated without the activation of the blueprint. Is my understanding correct?

Level 1

yes. you are right. It is not working as expected.

The activation is happening without the activation of the blueprint pages.

Employee Advisor

Thanks for the clarification.

We would need debug logs and more information in order to investigate this issue further. Please open a daycare ticket [1] and share the error and debug logs.

For Debug level MSM log:

- Go to http://host:port/system/console/slinglog

- Click Add New Logger

- Set it with this configuration:

Log Level: Debug

Log File: logs/msm.log

Loggers:

1. com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.MSMEventProcessor
  2. com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ActionManagerImpl
  3. com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.AccessControlActionFactory

[1] https://daycare.day.com/home.html

Level 1

Thanks Gaurav for your suggestion. As mentioned in the other thread, the dispatcher flush configuration was causing the issue.

Employee Advisor

Not directly related to your problem: "Push on Modify" is likely to overwhelm AEM instances, and I would not recommend it when the number of livecopies exceeds a small number.

Jörg