Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Move assets from dev to stage on AEMaaCS

Level 9

There are 15 GB of assets in the development environment that I would like to move to the stage and production environments. Assets can be moved between environments using package manager. However, it is time consuming and requires a lot of package creation and deployment. Does AEMaaCS offer any other options?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI @Mario248 

Recommended way is Package Manager until now.

However, I observed that few days before you posted the same query for 10 GB. If your Content is growing, then I would suggest you to Author Production Content over Production Environments only and keep the Non Prod environments for Dev and QA purpose.

Again, please note that the Content Tool which is to be released by Adobe in near future is supposed to sync Content from Prod to Non Prod i.e Backward flow and not the Upward flow

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

hi @Mario248 , currently in AEMaaCS, package manager is the only option to synchronize the content. However, adobe engineering team is working on content backflow option which can enable customers to migrate the content easier. Unfortunately, timelines are not yet clear at this moment.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI @Mario248 

Recommended way is Package Manager until now.

However, I observed that few days before you posted the same query for 10 GB. If your Content is growing, then I would suggest you to Author Production Content over Production Environments only and keep the Non Prod environments for Dev and QA purpose.

Again, please note that the Content Tool which is to be released by Adobe in near future is supposed to sync Content from Prod to Non Prod i.e Backward flow and not the Upward flow

Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 ,

You can Use Connected Assets to share DAM assets in Experience Manager Sites [0] for sharing assets between environments
Configure a connection between Sites and Assets deployments:

• Where you can configure Remote DAM URL along with it's credentials
  • and Local Sites URL

connected-assets-typical-config.png

Note: For Asset sharing this is really good option offered by Adobe. However there isn't any option for Content as as of now except Package Manager.

[0]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/use-as...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Community Advisor

As of now only package manager is the available option in AEMaaCS

Himanshu Jain