Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Missing xmp:CreateDate Property in PDF Assets

Level 2

I'm facing an issue with some PDF assets in AEMasCS where the xmp:CreateDate property is missing. I have attempted to address this by running the DAM MetaData Writeback workflow for specific assets, following the guidance provided in the documentation here.

However, despite these efforts, the xmp:CreateDate property is still missing for some PDF assets.

I'm seeking assistance in understanding the potential reasons for this issue and how to ensure the correct application of the xmp:CreateDate property to PDF assets in AEM.

Any insights related to XMP metadata writeback, especially for xmp:CreateDate, would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @amogh_bounteous ,

Your understanding is correct just to add bit more on that by default, all uploaded assets are processed using DAM Update Asset workflow.
The workflow executes for each uploaded asset and accomplishes basic asset management tasks such as rendition generation, metadata writeback, page extraction, media extraction, and transcoding.
In some cases if you don't see certain properties getting extracted it may be due to high traffic in asset update through workflow or if other running workflow is blocking asset update workflow. 
To mitigate this you can terminate all existing workflow and then try to re run DAM Update asset solely on that particular asset or folder.
You can follow below link to how to apply workflow to asset/folder:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/assets/using/assets-workflow.h....

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @amogh_bounteous ,

You can follow below steps:-

1. Please go to your workflow instance tab and terminate all the pending /running workflow. Then try to rerun  DAM Update Asset workflow. 

2. If step 1st doesn't work then set metadata using the CSV Asset Importer by installing the ACS AEM Tools package. Here you would need to provide the metadata for each asset in an excel.

For more information, please refer to https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-tools/features/csv-asset-importer/index.html

Hope this helps!
Thanks
Tarun

Level 2

Thank you for your response, @TarunKumar. However, manually updating the property is not the primary concern in this case. There are alternative methods for updating it.

The key issue lies in how the property is initially defined during the PDF creation process. To the best of my knowledge, this definition occurs during the actual PDF creation, and AEM extracts it upon upload. However, I need to confirm with certainty whether this understanding is accurate. If it is, I also seek clarification on why the property is not consistently available for some PDFs while present for others.

Furthermore, I would like to know if running the workflow applies the property only when it is present in the original PDF or if it also applies when the property is absent in the original PDF.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @amogh_bounteous ,

Your understanding is correct just to add bit more on that by default, all uploaded assets are processed using DAM Update Asset workflow.
The workflow executes for each uploaded asset and accomplishes basic asset management tasks such as rendition generation, metadata writeback, page extraction, media extraction, and transcoding.
In some cases if you don't see certain properties getting extracted it may be due to high traffic in asset update through workflow or if other running workflow is blocking asset update workflow. 
To mitigate this you can terminate all existing workflow and then try to re run DAM Update asset solely on that particular asset or folder.
You can follow below link to how to apply workflow to asset/folder:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/assets/using/assets-workflow.h....

Administrator

@amogh_bounteous Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni