Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Maven advantages

Level 2

What's the advantage of using Maven's dependency management in the parent pom.xml ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

The dependency management section is a mechanism for centralizing dependency information. When you have a set of projects that inherit a common parent it's possible to put all information about the dependency in the common POM and have simpler references to the artifacts in the child POMs.

Source:- Maven – Introduction to the Dependency Mechanism

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

This question is not specific to AEM.

You can find a description of this mechanism in Maven – Introduction to the Dependency Mechanism .

I see the benefit to depend on very same artifacts in many different maven projects (having just 1 bundle might be common, but I know many projects with more than 1 project bundle).

Jörg

Correct answer by
Administrator

The dependency management section is a mechanism for centralizing dependency information. When you have a set of projects that inherit a common parent it's possible to put all information about the dependency in the common POM and have simpler references to the artifacts in the child POMs.

Source:- Maven – Introduction to the Dependency Mechanism

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni