Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Managing Replication Queue

Level 1

Hi

We had 1000 pages which are queued to publisher environment.If user wants his/her page to be deployed first. How do we manage the queue process to override and deploy this page first.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The replication are FIFO queues, which means "first in, first out". Therefor there is no priority support in there. In your case I would add a second set of replication agents, which are normally not used (by doing the appropriate settings on the agent). For high priority replications implement  a special function (either via workflow or directly connected to the UI), which replicates this page only via these second set of agents. As all agents are processed in parallel, and normally these special replication agents don't have any item in their queue, it should be pretty fast out. You need to make sure, that both of your users are not activating the same page, which could result in an unexpected behavior.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The replication are FIFO queues, which means "first in, first out". Therefor there is no priority support in there. In your case I would add a second set of replication agents, which are normally not used (by doing the appropriate settings on the agent). For high priority replications implement  a special function (either via workflow or directly connected to the UI), which replicates this page only via these second set of agents. As all agents are processed in parallel, and normally these special replication agents don't have any item in their queue, it should be pretty fast out. You need to make sure, that both of your users are not activating the same page, which could result in an unexpected behavior.

Level 10

Here is good information about replication:

http://www.slideshare.net/mwmd/adobe-experience-manager-replication-deep-dive

To control the order of pages - you may want to consider a custom workflow model. 

Level 9

I suggest to create a page property call replication priority which will be set by user if this needs to be pushed higher in queue.

Create a workflow and read this property for in workflow step and use replication options filter class(if required), you might have to sort the pages based on the replication priority value. Activate the pages with highest rank first then so on.