Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Making components in the metadata schema builder have the required attribute

Level 2

So as i am making a metadata schema and not all of the fields have the required attribute. Per Adobe documentation: Only the Hidden Field component does not have the attributes Map to Property, Placeholder, Required, Disable edit and Show Emplty Field in Read Only properties. It has the attributes Name, Value, Field Label, and Description. The values for the Hidden Field component are sent as a POST parameter whenever the asset is saved. It is not be saved as metadata for the asset.

I do not see the required attribute in all the components outside of the Hidden Field, for example the drop down list. If I set the properties via a JSON file, will that be the way to do that or does this require some custom coding to override the front end?

Thank you

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you let the community know what doc topic you are referencing. 

Level 10

Hi, Can you let us know your usecase and what are you trying to do in detail ?

Level 2

Yes sure, thank you for looking at this. This is related to my other question where I was asking about making a tag field component required, which it is not now. Basically ensuring metadata and tagging is done by making it required so a user cannot click done until these fields are filled in. I want to be able to make any of the metadata schema builder components have the required checkbox you see on for example the text field component.

Let me know if screenshots are helpful. Thank you.

Level 10

Yes, As I mentioned for the classic UI, you need to handle that validation by custom listeners. Also add '*' as part of the label.

Level 2

Can you do anything in the touch UI for this or do you have to use javascript to override the front end for touch?