Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Make ajax call to get the published status of page : Touch ui

Level 2

- when i click on delete button on selcted page from sites console,i want the published status of the page.

- i found the below js file which calls when the delete click happens on selected page.

/libs/cq/gui/components/common/wcm/clientlibs/wcm/js/delete.js

Can we know how to make a ajax call from js to wcm/cmd servelt to get the properties of the page ?

1400282_pastedImage_0.png

Please refer below js file how they did for dam console :

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/clientlibs/actions/js/delete.js

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

You can make JQuery AJAX request to call the Sling Servlet, as shown in the following example.

//JQuery AJAX request to call Sling Servlet

$.ajax({    

type : "GET",  

url : '/bin/custom/path',    

/*data : {        

pass your request parameter here

},*/    

success : function(data, textStatus, jqXHR) {

//write your logic that you need to perform on sucess                          

},    

error : function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) {

//write your logic that you need to perform on error    

}

});

Please refer the links below to get clear understanding about how to write AJAX requests to call servlet:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/sling-servlet-in-aem/

NOTE: You can make AJAX call to servlet as shown in the above example to fetch jcr:content path of the required page and look for the required properties.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

If you have page path, you can make basic javascript ajax to jcr:content path of that page and look for these properties

1400293_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

thanks for the response,

yes I have page paths but I don’t now how to make a call to servlet.

Level 8

@Reference Replicator replicator; @Reference SlingRepository repository; Session  session = repository.loginAdministrative(null); ReplicationStatus status=replicator.getReplicationStatus(session, “nodepath”); status.isDelivered();//Checks if the content is delivered Other methods to get the different status isActivated() isDeactivated isPending()

Level 2

Thanks for response .

But as per my requirements i have to make a call from java script.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

You can make JQuery AJAX request to call the Sling Servlet, as shown in the following example.

//JQuery AJAX request to call Sling Servlet

$.ajax({    

type : "GET",  

url : '/bin/custom/path',    

/*data : {        

pass your request parameter here

},*/    

success : function(data, textStatus, jqXHR) {

//write your logic that you need to perform on sucess                          

},    

error : function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) {

//write your logic that you need to perform on error    

}

});

Please refer the links below to get clear understanding about how to write AJAX requests to call servlet:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Submitting Adobe Experience Manager form data to Java Sling Servlets

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/sling-servlet-in-aem/

NOTE: You can make AJAX call to servlet as shown in the above example to fetch jcr:content path of the required page and look for the required properties.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Community Advisor

Hi,

As you know the page path, you can use below url to get the page properties in json format

"http://localhost:4502/"+pagepath+"/_jcr_content.infinity.0.json"

Replace pagepath string with the path of the page. Make sure ajax call is triggered before delete.

You can iterate through the json and read the required values. Change 0 (infinity.0) to 1/2/3 to get more information about the page/child pages.

Hope this helps.