Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Major version of the page

Level 2

Hi, 

with page versions, how can I create a new major version, i.e 2.0 or 3.0?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

that's easy, just specify the version as "label" (sidekick, "versioning" tab). Works in 5.6.1 on Classic UI.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

OOB, every publish/activate of the page creates a version. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

that's easy, just specify the version as "label" (sidekick, "versioning" tab). Works in 5.6.1 on Classic UI.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2

but not a 'major' version. The version numbering continues as 1.xx not 2.0

Level 2

Thanks Jorg,

I see that works if user keeps numbering manually. As soon as you create a version without label it will be another 1.xx.

I wonder is there way to make a true major version of the content, combined with publishing or launch?

Regards, 

Nikolai

Employee Advisor

Hi,

AEM is not a version control system, so pages do not have the concept of versions. The label is just a declarative label, and it does not need to follow any specific format. If you would like to implement that, feel free.

To implement it, I would create a workflow, which first creates a version of the page with the appropriate label (=major version), and then replicates it. If the the page has been just versioned, replication does not create a new version (well, I am not 100% sure, would need to test).

Kind regards,
Jörg

Level 10

I couldnt see any configuration for the same in ConfigMgr. I think, to achieve this we need to write our own customize com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl