Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Login/Registration functionality in cq5

Level 3

Hi,

I need to create register/login functionality in CQ5. There are three ways

1 - The register/login functionality should be  prepared as web service hosted on a Java Application Server and then we can consume data from web services.

2 - The functionality should be  prepared as web service based on RESTFull that hosted on CQ itself since AEM is developed around the REST principal and REST web services is certainly one which will be supported. So I believe RESTfull web services can be hosted with CQ5.

3 - Why do we need web services? I do not think it requires web services since my application is not going to communicate with other application and it dont want to expose any services to outside world. Why don't we create register/login functionality as we do in normal web application. Can we create a OSGI bundle that invoke databases to store user details for register/login functionality?

I would go for 3rd option but my concern is AEM is not the place to build our business logic to carry out functions that are not related to content rendering.

which option would you choose and why? Kindly share your ideas and thoughts. I am just looking for best solution to develop register/login functionality in CQ.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can certainty create an AEM login page for your AEM site that lets registered uses login. See this AEM doc topic:
http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/security/identity-management.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can certainty create an AEM login page for your AEM site that lets registered uses login. See this AEM doc topic:
http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/security/identity-management.html

Level 1

Hi there,

I have a website where I am expecting around 2 million users get registered. How will I approach this? I have suggested my client to make use an IDP like StormPath or Amazon Cognito for authentication and Oracle DB for storing user profiles, but they seem to be not convinced about it. Could you refer me to some related write ups please?

Thanks,

Nagaraju