Expand my Community achievements bar.

Login and Registration in AEM

Level 2

Hi All,
1) I am using CQ5.6.1 and I checked the OOB functionality for registration and login to different sites say- geometrixx and geometrixx-outdoors.

What I observed is , even after registering to geometrixx sites only , I am able to login successfully to geometrixx-outdoors as well.

When I check in the CRX, the user is being created in the seprate folder structure i.e for geometrixx site its "/home/users/geometrixx" and for geometrixx-outdoors its "/home/users/geometrixx-outdoors".

Is there any way to restrict so that users registered to geometrixx should not be able to login to geometrixx-outdoors ? 

2) My Requirement :
I have a multidomain sites in CQ5 eg : www.abc.com, www.xyz.de. I have to use registration and login functionality for most of the sites.

What is the feasible solution that the user registered with an emailId to www.abc.com should not be able to login to www.xyz.de with same email Id but user can register to www.xyz.de  with the same email Id and then login ?

What could be the best approach to achieve this requirement and is there any OOB feature available to achieve this ?

Thanks & Regards !

Prasad

1 Reply

Level 9

Hi Prasad,

If you're able to move to the recent release of AEM 6.2, check out what the Community site wizard can do for you : AEM Communities Overview.

I'm hoping others will reply, but since no one has, I'll take a stab at providing one :

It is more manageable to create user groups with permissions and have individual users obtain their permissions through group membership, instead of applying permissions to users individually.

Create a user group with the permissions for each site and only allow members of the group access to that site.  Users can be assigned to the user group in a variety of ways (open to all, by request, by invitation only, by assignment, through facebook/twitter login configuration).

Probably for Geometrixx, the only check is that the site visitor is signed in, not also whether or not they have permission.

- JK