Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Loading SO (DLL) in AEM 6.1

Level 1

Hello,

I have a requirement to load shared objects (.so) and in the AEM sling service it complains that SO is not available in the java.library.path. But I see that SO is available in the java.library.path .

Please let me know if there is any specific AEM related config to be done for this.

Thanks in advance,

Sudheer

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

There is nothing AEM specific in adding native code to the JVM; I have not experience with JNI and OSGI though.

Level 1

Thanks Jorg,

Was wondering why it is complaining in AEM as in the same Linux box able to load it in other J2EE application servers.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Employee Advisor

Not sure. Can you share the exception? And I said, the OSGI environment might require some specific things to do, but these are not specific to AEM.

Jörg

Level 1

Please find the below error I get:

13.11.2017 12:08:59.532 *ERROR* [10.204.6.126 [1510596539529] GET /bin/xxx/yyyy/decrypt HTTP/1.1] com.xxx.yy.service.ZServiceImpl Failed: Unexpected exception:no vibesimple in java.library.path

When tried to print the java.library.path it has the path where this libvibesimple.so is located

Thanks ,

Sudheer

Employee Advisor

So is your library really located in the java.library.path listed on localhost:4502/system/console/status-System Properties?

I also found Using Native Libraries in a Bundle | osgi.enroute.site  which covers some OSGI specifics. I have never worked with JNI and OSGI, I cannot offer more help. Maybe you find more support in an Apache Felix User mailinglist (Apache Felix - Mailing lists ).

Jörg