Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Live copy synchronization is deleting the local modifications in AEMaaCS

Level 2

When I try to do synchronization from live copy, it is deleting the local modifications and updating the inherited content.

I was trying to add the content inside containter(cq:isContainer)- but still same issue.

For example, In live copy  - I have cancelled the inheritance of the container and replaced the component inside container with new component. Now I have to sync the other content in same live copy, so I am trying to do synchronization.
When I do that, content which is inherited to blueprint get updated but container(not inherited) which has local modification got deleted.

Need help in finding the solution.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@dmanibabu Tested this scenario in local. Replacing a component will not help as no where it got update of cancelling inheritance. You have to first cancel the inheritance and than replace the component else it will get overridden every time.

It will get update to below property. next time when it will try to roll out will check for below property and not update.

jcr:mixinTypes -> cq:LiveRelationship, cq:LiveSyncCancelled

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

@dmanibabu: Can you try by breaking/cancelling the inheritance of specific component(s) inside container please?
Also, to review if the inheritance was cancelled correctly , you can do this =>

Open the page -> click 'Edit' drop-down -> click 'Live Copy Status'
For sections where inheritance is cancelled, will appear with pink/magenta color border. Sections with inheritance intact appear with green border.

If the component where you are seeing the issue, appears with green border, that should mean the inheritance is not cancelled properly and that is causing the issue.
Please check and let me know.

thanks.

Level 2

@Kamal_Kishor 
I could not able to see green or pink color. Page remains same without colors.

Correct answer by
Level 10

@dmanibabu Tested this scenario in local. Replacing a component will not help as no where it got update of cancelling inheritance. You have to first cancel the inheritance and than replace the component else it will get overridden every time.

It will get update to below property. next time when it will try to roll out will check for below property and not update.

jcr:mixinTypes -> cq:LiveRelationship, cq:LiveSyncCancelled

Level 2

@Imran__Khan I have done the same. I did cancel the inheritance and then deleted the component. updated with new component. Its works. 
Hint: If the component is added inside the container, then we have to cancel the inheritance of the container as well.

Community Advisor

Hi @dmanibabu ,

In general, the rollout rule in MSM regarding the synchronization of components is:

• Components are rolled out syncing any resources contained in the blueprint.
  • Containers synchronize only the current resource.

This means that components are treated as an aggregate, and in a rollout the component itself and all its children are replaced with those in the blueprints. This means that if a resource is added to such a component locally, it will be lost to the content of the blueprint at rollout.

To support the nesting of components such that locally added components are maintained in a rollout, the component must be declared as a container. As an example, the default parsys is declared as a container so it can support locally-added content.

You can follow below link for more detail on it

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/introduction/msm-best-pr...

Thanks
Tarun

Administrator

@dmanibabu  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni