Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LDAP integration/installation

Level 4

Good afternoon,

Im presently trying to configure LDAP to work with my AEM install.

im working with version 6.4 and i did follow the steps found here:

Configuring LDAP with AEM 6

To provide the configManager the LDAP server info. as far as i can tell it looks ok, but now, i want to test this out.

What i'm trying to achieve is that when people access my forms portal, they wont be asked to provide a username and password.

How can i set this up now, so that i no longer see the login page?

Thank you very much,

Patrick

18 Replies

Level 10

As you can see - we tested the user in that article and showed it as an AEM user.

Level 4

thx again smacdonald, I will have a look and see.

Level 10

Although this is an older community article - it should get you up and running. We will update this too for use with AEM 6.4.

Level 10

Also - LDAP imports users - if you do not want to see the login page - you may need more of SSO.

Level 4

Perfect, I did see some stuff on SSO, but I couldn’t understand what needed to b e put in the mandatory field where it mentions something about the Header.

I will look at all of it and reply here if I need a bit more understanding of course, thx again ☺

Level 10

I just followed the article and it worked with Apache DS.

LDAP.png

Level 4

Hi

Alright first issue all ready , when looking at the provided screens in OSGI, for LDAP Identity Provider, and the other 2, I cant save the data in these?? there's no Edit button, and when I double click it, the save doesn't really work. Is this normal?

im at these steps right now

Configure AEM with ApacheDS

To configure AEM 6 to use LDAP, configure these OSGi configuration settings:

• Apache Jackrabbit Oak LDAP Identity Provider -  defines how users are retrieved from the LDAP server
  • Apache Jackrabbit Default Sync Handler - defines how the Indetity Provider users and groups will be synchronized
  • Apache Jackrabbit External Login Module - defines which Identity Provider and Sync Handler to use

These cant be modified right now

Thanks again

Level 10

You have the ability to modify the settings in these AEM Config screens.

AEdit.png

Also - we updated the LDAP article to AEM 6.4 -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Configuring Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 to use Apache Directory Ser...

Level 4

Thx again for the new notes, and yes I can modify the page, but the SAVE doesn't work. tried it in firefox and chrome. when I go back to it, the changes are not applied

Level 10

That is not correct - there is an issue with your AEM instance. What version are you running. All Config screens must be able to save these values.

Level 10

Can you try this on a fresh AEM DEV instance. Then we can see what action we can take to address the issue of your config values not saving (we may have to look at possible hotfix)

Level 10

I followed the entire new artilce on 6.4 - and logged into AEM as the LDAP user - LAM.

LDAP5.png

Level 4

Alright, before I do another install, I want to make sure that were on the same page

when you go to the OSGI configMgmt screen, do you use this exact URL:

http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr

or another URL?

I'm using this one:

http://localhost:8080/lc/system/console/configMgr

Are we on same page?

Thx

Level 4

Alright, and correct me here if im wrong, but when you see the 4502 port, were talking about the OSGI only install?

And if we see 8080 port, its the JEE full install that also includes an OSGI component, correct?

Level 10

Correct - if you are using AEM Forms - that would be correct!

Level 4

perfect, with that said now and before I re-install every thing again (big long process), can Adobe confirm that the issues I have of not saving could be related to  me using the JEE/OSGI install instead of the OSGI? maybe this change in the way the GUI's are behaving actually comes from the way they were design by Adobe? (which are 2 slightly deferent sets of GUI interfaces on each side)

I'm seeing quite a few instances thus far, between documents explaining things using OSGI that are not really transferable to JEE/OSGI.

and this could be a good way to confirm if this has been the purpose since the get go. (from the DEVS, developing 2 slightly different interfaces)

Thank you