Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LDAP authentication and CUG in Publish instance

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to provide authentication in the publish sites. Users are allowed to access the pages only when they are authenticated by entering the credentials. These credentials are stored in LDAP.

Our understanding is we have log in components which are available already in geometrixx sites but these log in components validate the user credentials present in AEM publish instance.  We need to leverage these login components along with the LDAP configuration in publish instance. Does this requires any custom development? Can we provide the log in functionality in Publish directly just by configuring LDAP? What are the steps for configuring LDAP in Publish instance? I tried the steps which we used in author instance but it is showing blank page.

Thanks,

Maruthi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Generally if you want to use the CUG functionality without any custom development you will need to be using the Sling authentication mechanism to authenticate users and not integrate directly to LDAP yourself. 

There shouldn't be any differences between enabling the LDAP authentication handlers in a publish instance than there are in a author instance. When you say your are getting a blank page when is that - is the login page blank before or after the login? Do you see any errors in error.log on startup. You best bet to troubleshoot is to tail error.log on start up and watch for errors related to the LDAP. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Generally if you want to use the CUG functionality without any custom development you will need to be using the Sling authentication mechanism to authenticate users and not integrate directly to LDAP yourself. 

There shouldn't be any differences between enabling the LDAP authentication handlers in a publish instance than there are in a author instance. When you say your are getting a blank page when is that - is the login page blank before or after the login? Do you see any errors in error.log on startup. You best bet to troubleshoot is to tail error.log on start up and watch for errors related to the LDAP. 

Former Community Member

Hi Orotas,

We have a requirement where we need to provide authentication in the publish sites. All the credentials of the users will be stored in LDAP server. For example if a portal http://exmportal.com is developed in AEM and published to publish instance. It has login page where users need to login to the site for accessing content. All these users will be in LDAP server.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Any updates on the issue.

I was able to configure ldap in the publish instance. When I try to use defualt login components which are available in geometrixx site they are not working.

Can you please provide any information how can we leverage those components to work with ldap config in publish instance.

Thanks,

MAruthi