Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Layout grid lines always on

Level 1

I am currently transitioning to using AEM Cloud from AEM 6.2. In 6.2 its super easy to see the row and column lines so you know exactly where your components are sitting.

In AEM Cloud, I can only see the grid lines if I'm trying to resize a component (layout component or otherwise) which means I can't at a glance see where one component ends and another begins. Is there a way to set it up so that the blue grid lines are always on?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @tstevic ,
Are you are talking about the template layout?

I believe there is no out of the box property that will highlight the component. You can create a border by writing the inline styles in html in the component but that will be a custom code which should only load when you are in edit mode by putting wcmmode=edit. The OOTB one does give some idea about the layout of the component when you highlight though. Below screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 10.00.40 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @tstevic ,
Are you are talking about the template layout?

I believe there is no out of the box property that will highlight the component. You can create a border by writing the inline styles in html in the component but that will be a custom code which should only load when you are in edit mode by putting wcmmode=edit. The OOTB one does give some idea about the layout of the component when you highlight though. Below screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 10.00.40 PM.png