Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

latest good state of segmentstore not found

Level 5

Hi All,

I have one author and two publisher instances for my AEM setup. On publisher 1, error.log was increasing abruptly. When I checked logs, I found a lot of logs in error.log related to segment store - 

*ERROR* [async-index-update-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNotFoundExceptionListener Segment not found: d977b6a3-8045-4d95-af34-89f80c1a1cb5. SegmentId age=19590979ms

I suspected that there is an issue with datastore, below URL  is something that I referred to fix the issue on publisher 1 -

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16542.html?lang=en

When I checked to revert a corrupt segment store to its latest good state, I got that there is no latest segment store available. What should be the next step? Is there a possibility to map the existing datastore of publisher 2 to publisher 1?

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RitendraS11 Technically speaking if you feel the other publisher is having gold copy of all the contents correct without any issue you can copy the whole repository (crx-quickstart) folder into the publisher having issue. But i would do that as last option and make sure all the runmodes and configs are correct. I am assuming its non cloud aem instances. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RitendraS11 Technically speaking if you feel the other publisher is having gold copy of all the contents correct without any issue you can copy the whole repository (crx-quickstart) folder into the publisher having issue. But i would do that as last option and make sure all the runmodes and configs are correct. I am assuming its non cloud aem instances. 

Level 5

Thanks a lot @Saravanan_Dharmaraj. I am worried that copying crx-quickstart folder can cause problems with configurations related to the author instance (replication agents etc). 

Community Advisor

I meant copying from working Publish to non working Publish instance not from Author. 

Level 5

@Saravanan_Dharmaraj - I didn't mean author instance. My query was, if I copy the CRX-quickstart from a working publisher(publisher 2) to a non-working publisher (publisher 1), it will remove the existing configuration of publisher 1 with author instance like in replication agents, etc.

Administrator

@RitendraS11  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

To fix the issue, I have copied CRX-Quickstart folder of one publisher to the other. Since, every configuration is same - it didn't created any issue. 

Thanks everyone for valuable suggestions!! 

Administrator

@RitendraS11 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful?

Kautuk Sahni