Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JSP for page creation wizard

Level 2

Hello,

I would like to know which jsp is responsible for AEM page creation wizard. I need to slightly modify the logic for this. I have a requirement to change the name of some of it's fields (eg : navigation title, page title. etc) for a specific content path (eg : /content/myproject/abc/xyz/). these changed field names should also persist in the page properties wizard. I guess there should be another jsp responsible for it.

We are using aem 6.5 with sp12.

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yeah, looks like we have to have to create new page component and override the OOTB page.

Thanks you all for your suggestions

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@rohitk31991147 

These 2 should be the ones that you are looking for.

/libs/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/createpagewizard/page/POST.jsp

/libs/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/createpagewizard/properties/properties.jsp

Community Advisor

@rohitk31991147 Why do you exactly want to do this ? Did you check if Sling Resource Merger will resolve your issues. I highly reccomend not to customize the OOTB Page Wizards. Please check https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/platfo... and try to overlay the fields you want or hide the ones you do not want. 

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

HI @VeenaVikraman I will not change anything from OOTB, but I needed the places from where I can overlay these changes. I see that these properties are coming from a dialog content from core aem page component, but If I overlay these dialog fields and change the names, It will affect in all of my project paths. but I wanted them to change in some specific content path (we have this requirements for branding purposes) That's why I was looking for a jsp file which renders these property names on page creation wizard, so that I can add the logic of checking the content path and showing different name for title, page title and navigation title etc. 

Level 4

@rohitk31991147 you can create a custom template and page component instead of overriding OOTB files for the use case. 

Level 2

HI @yashp0808 I don't think it would be a good idea to create new template and component just to change the property names for specific content path. there should be something with the simpler approach

Administrator

@rohitk31991147 

Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yeah, looks like we have to have to create new page component and override the OOTB page.

Thanks you all for your suggestions