Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

JSON output for a page with different components

Level 2

Could you please help me in writing Sling Model for generating custom JSON for

1. Component with parsys (components can be added in parsys)

2. Page level (with all the components and sub-components added)

Any code example would help a lot.

Thanks

9 Replies

Level 2

I appreciate the help guys. I could not relate the concepts present at links provided to my requirement.

It would be nice to have a code preview for point 1 or 2.

Level 10

Sling Exporter returns data for a component in parsys - as you requested for point 1 (Component with parsys).

Level 2

Thanks Donald,

My requirement is, export JSON for

page with contentParsys [allow only 1 component with componentsParsys],

componentsParsys allow multiple components [components without parsys & components with answerParsys] multiple times,

answerParsys allow only multiple Answer components.

The complexity of this requirement is confusing me.

Community Advisor

Raja,

Could you please elaborate on exactly how you need the output ? Its bit confusing with all the info what you gave.

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

Created a Page using Template having pathParsys,

pathParsys allow component A multiple times.

Component A has componentParsys,

componentParsys allow component B, component C, component D, component  E, component F, component G, component H multiple times.

Component C & Component D are configured with 1 default Answer component and have answerParsys (to add additional answer components),

answerParsys allow Answer component multiple times.

Component H is configured with 2 default Answer components

Note: Component  B, Component  E, Component F, Component G does not have parsys.

After a lot of combinations of components are added to the Page and Published, I need to generate JSON at Page level (with all components data).

Community Advisor

With the approach what scott mentioned what is the JSON you are getting right now ? With some real data I can give you a solution though