Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JPG with transparent background

Level 5

Hi All,

Our project's AEM DAM has PSD images of huge size(each image of size more than 15/20 MB) which we are transforming using AEM ACS Commons Named image transformer to convert into PNG format (on pages where transparency is required) and into JPG format in other pages. We are looking if there is any approach/solution available OOTB in AEM where JPG images can have transparent background?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think so if JPG supports the transparent background.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think so if JPG supports the transparent background.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@arunpatidar is correct. JPG does not have the capability for transparent pixels, nor alpha channels.

I am not quite certain what the AEM ACS Commons do provide for you, but we solved this issue with scene7 renditions. Just use &fmt=png8-Alpha as an image modifier.
Maybe, depending on your desired outcome you could use scene7 with image modifiers to create a JPG that has the desired background, rather than a transparent background? I mean, the possibilities are very big and i do not know exactly where you want to go with it.