Expand my Community achievements bar.

.jpeg image is not visible though VIP url or Load balancer URL

Level 2

I have one asset (image) file.jpeg and I can access it in the author as well as publishers but when I am trying to access the asset through the VIP url I am getting error 404.
and it is working in other env Stage.
I have compared working and non-working env config files and they are same (dispatcher.any) also cleared the cache at the dispatcher level .
not sure why is not working?

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AkashCh2 

Are other assets type (and other Jpeg) loading?

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Yes, other type and other jpeg are loading. Even I have move the file.jpeg file to other folder and its loading.
but it is not loading from its main path 

Community Advisor

Hi @AkashCh2 
Then you should check the dispatcher filter rule, Maybe dispatcher is blocking request for that path for jpeg extension.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Could you please check the dispatcher filter rules and try to remove the space or any other character from the file name?

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@AkashCh2 Can you try the following options and see what is the behavior : 

1.  Deactivate and Delete the file.jpeg Image and reupload it in the DAM and reactivate it. Do you still see the 404 ?
  2.  Re-name the asset to something other than file.jpeg and re-activate and try to access it from the VIP url.

Level 2

@Harwinder-singh Yes, I have followed steps but still facing the issue,any other suggestions.

Community Advisor

@AkashCh2 

Please set  following log levels in dispatcher and validate via logs.

• DISP_LOG_LEVEL to debug
  • REWRITE_LOG_LEVEL to trace2

Now restart dispatcher and validate logs.

You would be able to notice the incoming requests, rewrites etc.

For debugging rewrite rules, refer to https://techrevel.blog/2023/09/01/aem-dispatcher-filters-ignoreurlparams-virtualhosts-rewrites/#debu... 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka  I have tried your as you suggest getting these errors.

[Tue Dec 12 20:20:09 2023] [D] [pid 9130] checking [/content/dam/test/AEM%202023.jpg]
[Tue Dec 12 20:20:09 2023] [D] [pid 9130] cachefile does not exist: /application/cache/content/dam/test/AEM 2023.jpg
[Tue Dec 12 20:20:09 2023] [D] [pid 9130] try to create new cachefile: /application/cache/content/dam/test/AEM 2023.jpg
[Tue Dec 12 20:20:09 2023] [D] [pid 9130] cache-action for [/content/dam/test/AEM%202023.jpg]: CREATE
[Tue Dec 12 20:20:09 2023] [I] [pid 9130] "GET /content/dam/test/AEM%202023.jpg" 404 none [website/rend01] 15ms

Administrator

@AkashCh2 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

@arunpatidar @aanchal-sikka @Harwinder-singh 
I have applied the CUG group at the folder of an asset when I tried without CUG group the .jpeg file are accessible.