Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JCR content structure - cq:Page with cq:Page child

Level 2

Good day,

I've come across a rather "odd" structure in the content tree of my current project. One of the pages under /content has another page in it's jcr:content node. This child page has it's own jcr:content node. So it looks like this:

/content/myPage (jcr:primaryType: cq:Page)

/content/myPage/parsys (jcr:primaryType: nt:unstructured, sling:resourceType: foundation/component/parsys)

/content/myPage/parsys/jcr:content (jcr:primaryType: nt:unstructured)

/content/myPage/parsys/jcr:content/mySubPage (jcr:primaryType: cq:Page)

/content/myPage/parsys/jcr:content/mySubPage/jcr:content (jcr:primaryType: nt:unstructured)

/content/myPage/parsys/jcr:content/mySubPage/jcr:content/parsys (jcr:primaryType: nt:unstructured, sling:resourceType: foundation/component/parsys)

The whole page is rendered properly (both in the author and publisher environments), with the content of the mySubPage node showing at the right place on the myPage.

I've never seen this kind of structure, so I have some concerns. Is there any objection to having this kind of content structure?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would fix this content structure. Even if it doesn't break anything, you might run into problems at a later point. When you found out this now, you should put it on your list.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

The myPage page was created using the author environment.

The mySubPage content on myPage is the result of adding a custom component from the sidekick to the myPage parsys, also using the author environment.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would fix this content structure. Even if it doesn't break anything, you might run into problems at a later point. When you found out this now, you should put it on your list.

Jörg