Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

issues with SearchIndexSuggestionExtractor API - AEM 6.0

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a suggestion Index using the below API call.
SearchIndexSuggestionExtractor.buildIndex()
Due to changes to QueryManagerImpl.class in Jackrabbit Oak starting AEM 6 the above API doesn't work, also this may be due to the change in workspace indexing mechanism. I have attached the stack trace of the error log. 

Also the built in OOTB component(/libs/cq/search/content/suggest/admin) doesn't work and throws the same exception trace. 

Please let me know if there is an alternate API or is there any hot fix available for this.

Thanks,

Arun

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

surely 1 is not correct.   It is some what like 2 but I do not have exact syntax for lucene since I implemented this feature for AEM-solr integration.  I need to do some research for lucene if you are unsuccessfully please file a support ticket so that we can get answer for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

With AEM6 it does not work. The alternative is configure use in suggest [1]  & then use native query.  OOB sample is planned for next release.

[1]   http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/lucene.html#Suggestions

Level 1

Thanks Sham for your response, I will take a look.

-Arun

Level 1

Hi Sham,

I am trying to use the below oak queries after configuring the index as suggested in the above link and I am not getting any response. Not sure whether my query is valid or not. Can you please validate the below queries. 

1) select rep:suggest from nt:base where jcr:path like '/content' AND SUGGEST('SEARCH_TERM')

2) select [rep:suggest] from [nt:base] where native('lucene', 'suggest?term=SEARCH_TERM') AND [jcr:path] like '/'

Note: I am using AEM 6.0 SP2 and I also installed hotfix package recently provided for AEM 6.0 which upgrades to oak 1.0.18.

Thanks,

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 10

surely 1 is not correct.   It is some what like 2 but I do not have exact syntax for lucene since I implemented this feature for AEM-solr integration.  I need to do some research for lucene if you are unsuccessfully please file a support ticket so that we can get answer for you.

Level 10

If OOTB components do not work - looks like you encountered a bug - please open an AEM ticket here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html