Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Issues in Permission Sensitive Caching

Level 3

Hello,

We have configured SAML for the directory /content/ and enabled auth_checker for all the *.pdf files in AEM 6.2

So, In new session when we hit the pdf URL directly in browser for first time (no cache) it's redirecting to IDP page correctly but when the file is already in cache and if we hit that pdf URL in browser it's trying to invoke auth_checker service (/bin/permissioncheck.html) with the SAML enabled url path [1] but it's getting 302 redirect to AEM login instead of IDP redirect.

It's redirecting fine when there is no cache created. Can some one please let me know if any other configuration need to enabled specifically for this auth_checker scenario.

[1]

https://stage.test.com/libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2Fbin%2Fpermissioncheck.html%3...

Thanks,

GVK

5 Replies

Administrator

Jörg Hoh​ If you can offer some help here!!

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

Hm, I would expect that the dispatcher forwards all responses with a statuscode != 200 to the browser (and on 200 deliver the file from cache). Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Can you increase the loglevel of the dispatcher to DEBUG and do the test again? There should be additional logging.

Jörg

Level 3

Hi Gunalan,

I also faced the same issue recently.
Could you please let me know how the issue is resolved.