Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issues after upgrade from AEM 6.1 to AEM 6.3

Level 3

After following the documentation on : Upgrading to AEM 6.3​ , we have successfully migrated the repository from 6.1 to 6.3, however when we restart AEM we see a few errors in the log file.

Example:

09.07.2017 14:14:09.219 *WARN* [Shell Script Executor Thread for diskusage.sh] org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrSystemUserValidator The provided service user id 'monitoringScripts' is not a known JCR system user id and therefore not allowed in the Sling Service User Mapper.

09.07.2017 14:14:09.219 *ERROR* [Shell Script Executor Thread for diskusage.sh] com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ShellScriptExecutorImpl Unable to extract script 'diskusage.sh' to '/opt/aem/author/crx-quickstart/monitoring/diskusage.sh'

java.io.IOException: Cannot derive user name for bundle com.adobe.granite.monitoring.core [218] and sub service monitoringScripts

at com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ShellScriptExecutorImpl.extractScript(ShellScriptExecutorImpl.java:211)

at com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ShellScriptExecutorImpl.execute(ShellScriptExecutorImpl.java:114)

at com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ScriptMBean.invoke(ScriptMBean.java:99)

at com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ScriptMBean.invoke(ScriptMBean.java:158)

at com.adobe.granite.monitoring.impl.ScriptConfigImpl$ExecutionThread.run(ScriptConfigImpl.java:211)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

09.07.2017 14:14:36.264 *WARN* [sling-default-46-Registered Service.14755] org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrSystemUserValidator The provided service user id 'replication-service' is not a known JCR system user id and therefore not allowed in the Sling Service User Mapper.

09.07.2017 14:14:36.264 *ERROR* [sling-default-46-Registered Service.14755] org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup Failed to get distribution service resolver: Cannot derive user name for bundle org.apache.sling.distribution.core [476] and sub service null

09.07.2017 14:14:36.292 *WARN* [sling-default-49-Registered Service.14760] org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrSystemUserValidator The provided service user id 'replication-service' is not a known JCR system user id and therefore not allowed in the Sling Service User Mapper.

09.07.2017 14:14:36.292 *ERROR* [sling-default-49-Registered Service.14760] org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup Failed to get distribution service resolver: Cannot derive user name for bundle org.apache.sling.distribution.core [476] and sub service null

Sadly these are not custom bundles but standard sling/aem bundles.

The migration documentation does not mention the creation of system users.

Is there a package with system users that needs to be created in order for AEM to start up?

Regards

Steven

5 Replies

Level 7

I do see a system user named "monitoringScripts" in Vanilla AEM 6.3 along with the service mapping. Could you check if it is there after upgrade as well?

Level 3

Hi,

No after the upgrade I don't see the system user(s).

However we did follow the migration steps and it does not mention adding additional users.

Are there still steps to need to be executed after the upgrade?

Level 7

I dont think users would be removed after upgrade. You can still try and add user named "monitoringScripts", make it a system user and run AEM again..

Level 8

Capture.PNG

Go to configurations in felix http://servername:port/system/console/configMgr

Search for "user mapper service " or monitoringScripts

you will see an entry like mentioned below

com.adobe.granite.monitoring.core=monitoringScripts

if it is not there then add one.

Level 3

I found the issue, I skipped a step in the upgrade documentation.

I did not run the unpack of the new version of the AEM jar. After changing that, the upgrade worked perfectly.