Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with submission handler in adaptive forms

Community Advisor

The form throws an error when submit button is added.  This issue is before the form submission itself. (when I try to preview, get blank page where NullPointerException is thrown). The form works fine without the submit action.

Note: Using the right form adon package.

caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.adobe.aemds.guide.common.GuideContainer.createGuideInitializationState(GuideContainer.java:1000)
at com.adobe.aemds.guide.common.GuideContainer.getGuideInitializationState(GuideContainer.java:1047)
at org.apache.jsp.libs.fd.af.components.guideContainer.guideContainer_jsp._jspService(guideContainer_jsp.java:959)
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764)
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:502)
... 351 common frames omitted

Many thanks in advance

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Vaibhavi_J 

What version of AEM are you on and can you confirm that you have the compatible Forms package installed in the instance? 

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @ksh_ingole7 ,

AEM version 6.5.16 and the right form addon package are being used as suggested by adobe.

Community Advisor

Hello @Vaibhavi_J  - 

• Do you have custom event handlers/listeners associated with your form? I so, you can try reviewing that for any potential NullPointerException
  • Examine the data model associated with your form. Ensure that it is properly configured and that all required data bindings and properties are correctly set.
  • Double-check the configuration of your form component in AEM. Ensure that all necessary properties and settings are correctly specified, including any dependencies or configurations required by the AEM Forms add-on.

Community Advisor

Hi @Tanika02 ,

No custom events/ handlers are mapped. When the plain submit button is added to the page and check the page on the preview, i see internal server error , where stack trace is attached above

Employee

@Vaibhavi_J 

In system console configMgr, check the Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager configuration.

Change the JS Processor property and default to min:gcc if it's set to anything else like min:yui