Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Issue with rolling out multiple pages to a subset of live copy sites

Level 1

Hi,

On CQ5.5 SP2.1, I have a master site which has around a dozen live copy sites. I recently tried rolling out updates to a couple of sections. However the rollout was only meant to go to a few of the live copy sites. Usually a screen appears asking which sites require the update, but in this instance it did not. The only difference in the process was I selected a couple of sections, rather than just a single section or page. I've attached a screenshot of the window I would usually see showing the live copies. 

Is this a known CQ issue? I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ian,

the behaviour is as-designed. The reason is that not all blueprints have the same Live Copy pages as targets. Since the dialog that enables you to target the Live Copy pages does not support this multi-page situation, it is skipped.

I have added a note to the help topic that indicates the behaviour.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html#Rolling%20out%20Changes%...

Thanks for pointing that out!

scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ian,

the behaviour is as-designed. The reason is that not all blueprints have the same Live Copy pages as targets. Since the dialog that enables you to target the Live Copy pages does not support this multi-page situation, it is skipped.

I have added a note to the help topic that indicates the behaviour.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html#Rolling%20out%20Changes%...

Thanks for pointing that out!

scott

Level 8

I see the same behaviour...I'm investigating and will get back to you.

scott

Level 1

Hi Scott,

Thanks for looking into this. I would have expected at least a warning screen (e.g. Warning - all live copy sites will receive rollout). Until you actually do it and see the effect you would never know this 'feature' existed. 

Thanks

Ian