Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Issue with importing JcrTagImpl class in OSGI

Level 3

I need to import JcrTagImpl class which is located in CQ Day Communique 5 Tagging jar file(com.day.cq.cq-tagging)

Then I tried to add the above jar in my pom.xml's dependency as below then I can import the whole package as com.day.cq.tagging.*;

<code><dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId> <artifactId>cq-tagging</artifactId> <version>5.7.18</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency></code>

UPDATE:
I need to call getTagID method which is located in com.day.cq.tagging.JcrTagImpl class. AEM uses com.day.cq.tagging.TagCommandServlet to display the TagID in tagging console. TagCommandServlet is importing JcrTagImpl class and calling getTagID method.

I have my own servlet and I wanted to call getTagID. I could not call directly getTagID of JcrTagImpl implementation since it is not exposed. Can it done by any annotation?Can you please guide me how to call getTagId method.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Normally .impl packages are not exported, so you can't use those inside AEM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Is jcrtagutilimpl not visible when running in AEM? or is it not visible in eclipse?

Level 10

Hi Sachin,

cq-tagging is already present in AEM. You dont have to export package for the same. Give the below dependency (5.7.20 is the version in AEM 6) and remove <export-package>.

<dependency>

<groupId>com.day.cq</groupId>

<artifactId>cq-tagging</artifactId>

<version>5.7.20</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Correct answer by
Employee

Normally .impl packages are not exported, so you can't use those inside AEM.

Level 3

Hi Bsloki,  I have tried as you have mentioned but still i am getting the same error in eclipse. Is there anything I need to verify?

Level 10

We will do a community article on this use case so you will know exactly how to work with this API.