Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue while creating user with profile image

Level 7

I am using AccountManager API to create users. It works just fine when I dont use profile image in registration form and user gets registered but when I use profile image, I get following error:

Caused by: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: No matching property definition: jcr:primaryType = sling:Folder
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.NodeDelegate.setProperty(NodeDelegate.java:522)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl$35.perform(NodeImpl.java:1308)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl$35.perform(NodeImpl.java:1297)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.perform(SessionDelegate.java:293)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.ItemImpl.perform(ItemImpl.java:113)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.internalSetProperty(NodeImpl.java:1297)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:340)
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrModifiablePropertyMap.save(JcrModifiablePropertyMap.java:180)
... 145 more

There is a hidden field to create this folder 
 <hidden
                jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                sling:resourceSuperType="foundation/components/form/defaults/field"
                sling:resourceType="foundation/components/form/hidden"
                defaultValue="sling:Folder"
                name="photos/jcr:primaryType"/>

Any inputs?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The best practice to working with users in AEM is to use APIs located in the
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user Java package. For example - to create a user use UserManager. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The best practice to working with users in AEM is to use APIs located in the
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user Java package. For example - to create a user use UserManager. 

Level 7

But AccountManager has utilities to manage everything automatically. By simply passing a map, it creates user with profile properties. In UserManager it just creates a user but account information still needs to be persisted manually.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/javadoc/com/day/cq/security/AccountManager.html

It seems to be better than UserManger when it comes to persisting profile info along with registration.