Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Issue user modification permission without providing admin access

Level 5

Hi, I want to provide a few users the ability to create users, delete users or update the existing ones. But I don't want to provide admin access to these users. What can be done to ensure that I provide only permissions for user management and nothing else.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We can assign specific user to user-administrators group

OR

provide below configuration user tools -> security -> permission -> select specific user for having required access

/root jcr:read

/home/users jcr:all -> create users, delete users or update the existing ones.

/home/groups jcr:all -> create gropus, delete users or update the existing ones.

/home jcr:all -> To create, delete users or update the existing users and groups.

imran__khan_0-1708335239665.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

We can assign specific user to user-administrators group

OR

provide below configuration user tools -> security -> permission -> select specific user for having required access

/root jcr:read

/home/users jcr:all -> create users, delete users or update the existing ones.

/home/groups jcr:all -> create gropus, delete users or update the existing ones.

/home jcr:all -> To create, delete users or update the existing users and groups.

imran__khan_0-1708335239665.png

Community Advisor

@arindam6600  you can assing that users to below user-administrator group (OOTB group). Look the permissions set below

Jagadeesh_Prakash_1-1708337782524.png

If these permissions are not sufficient create a users-admin custom group and assigned necessary permissions.