Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Issue in publishing a whole website in AEM

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in publishing a website in aem.

My problem is that , when i publish any static pages using package manager , it works fine .

But when i use any component in my script , it triggers an error in publish instance as:

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: 19 in the generated java file Only a type can be imported. org.training.test.Helloworld resolves to a package

i build and replicate my package everytime when i make changes in script.

underlying bundle is a bundle in my one another project.

even i import this bundle in publish instance using http://localhost:4503/system/console/bundles. it trigger the same error.

can you give me solution for this !!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Package you app up into a package then deploy to pub. Once all the AEM files are on publish - including the OSGi bundles and you have the app working on publish, you should be able to update specific pages in your author instance as you make changes. Say you modify text in the welcome page, Simply activate the Welcome page and that replicates it to pub. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Package you app up into a package then deploy to pub. Once all the AEM files are on publish - including the OSGi bundles and you have the app working on publish, you should be able to update specific pages in your author instance as you make changes. Say you modify text in the welcome page, Simply activate the Welcome page and that replicates it to pub.