Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue in creating scene7 rendition for dam video assets

Level 1

I have followed the steps given in document https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/video-transcoder.html

After uploading the video its giving following error. 

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\app\bin\ffmpeg"

error.log is attached.

7 Replies

Level 10

I sent this to the scene 7 team and they replied: 

Make sure the ffmpeg executable is set correctly in the system path, they should be able to run ffmpeg from any directory but it should be placed somewhere in apps directory. 

The issue from the logs: time=2016-03-03 12:12:40,145; thread=[JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2016-03-03/model_1826931836444354:/content/dam/iea/test/Tom And Jerry Cartoon - New Video1.mp4/jcr:content/renditions/original]; logger=c.d.c.s.c.f.c.S7VideoFFMpegTranscoder; message=Could not find ffmpeg's executable; tenantName=NA; userName=NA;

com.day.cq.s7video.core.ffmpeg.helper.FfmpegNotFoundException: Could not find ffmpeg's executable 

I have copied the ffmpeg in <CQ>\app\bin\ffmpeg.exe but still getting the error

Level 10

Can you try other videos as a test ? Do you still get that error. 

Employee Advisor

The ffmpeg path should be set in the system PATH environment variable.

Level 10

I sent your info back to the team. They believe this is a bug and stated:

"Let’s get them to open a Daycare issue to address this. 

It looks like they have the .exe in the right location, but they didn’t mention if they set the ffmpeg executable is set in your system path (which I believe is the source of the issue). "

As I can understand from your response that there is some issue in integrating Secne 7 with AEM 6.1. So can wee use the default cq5 renditions for video assets instead of S7? What does Adobe recommends in this regards?

Community Advisor
Hi, Ffmpeg should be set as environment variable. And then restart your AEM server. Once done upload your assets , renditions should be generated for the assets.