Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there any way user can impersonate group in cq/AEM

Level 2

I am new to AEM. I was going through the impersonating functionality in useradmin.

CQ documentation on impersonation

as per my understanding , impersonation can be done user to user. if there any way user can impersonate group i.e. if user-A can directly impersonate group-A with 5 user. As it would be really difficult for admin to impersonate every new user.

Please suggest

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

No, It's not possible because only one user can login not the whole group.

I don't understand why do you want to impersonate as whole group. Generally we have the same access level in a group so if any user can do certain action all of them can do the same.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

No, It's not possible because only one user can login not the whole group.

I don't understand why do you want to impersonate as whole group. Generally we have the same access level in a group so if any user can do certain action all of them can do the same.

Administrator

Hi 

I am in accord with Amit.

Could you please share the use case for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks for ur reply..

The requirement is that we should not expect an actual admin user giving impersonation rights to each author (and every new author who joins the team).

Can we do this for groups ? If not, then can we do this using different approach ?

also, if admin user has lock a page then how can we allow another user to unlock the same page

Level 10

Create a content-authors group and provide the required access to that group and whenever a new person join the team add him/her to this group.
Impersonation working:
Say you are A and wish to impersonate B, you would need to open up B's profile, and add A as an impersonator.
so in your case instead of adding A(single user) ask your admin to add the whole content-authors group.