Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there any way for AEM as a Cloud Service to achieve deployment without uploading the source code to Cloud Manager?

Level 3

We aim to have the source code exclusively stored in the existing Azure Repos Git. We're looking for a way to package the source code for deployment, bypassing the direct upload to Cloud Manager. Is it feasible to achieve this? If so, what would be the specific steps to implement it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 9

Hi @reno1 

At this point of time as per the adobe documentation also cloud manager builds are supported only through adobe provisioned git.

"Adobe Cloud Manager comes provisioned with a single git repository that is used to deploy code using Cloud Manager’s CI/CD pipelines."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/using-...

You can talk to your CSE and see if there is a provision but we wanted a similar setup but didn't have the options sometime back

Community Advisor

@reno1 

Only mutable content can be deployed without using Cloud manager.

For immutable content, like /apps, we have to go through Cloud manager. Its necesaary to achieve the Blue-green deployment model. Where image od AEM instance is first validated against code.

Only if successful, the switch with the updated instance happens.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Can the OSGi configuration achieve the goal? Is it feasible to package our source code into a bundle and install it in AEM in the form of a package?

Community Advisor

@reno1  as posted by @aanchal-sikka and @sherinregi it is not possible with custom git, please use Adobe git for the same...

@reno1 any reason why you dont want to use Adobe git?

Level 3

Due to security considerations, we prefer not to upload the source code.

Level 3

content-package-organization.png

Is it possible for me to package it myself according to the image above and only upload 'all.zip' to CloudManager?