Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there a way to limit Replication to publish nodes only from a specific Author node?

Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to limit replication/publishing to publish instances only from specific Author hosts? Basically, I'm looking for a way to avoid publishing content from lower environment(non-prod) Author to higher environment(prod) publish nodes in case where the replication agent is wrongly configured to push content to Prod host.

Please provide your thoughts on how this can be achieved.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gururaonk 

1) Create a custom replication agent pointing to the specific dev publisher remove or deactivate the existing default replication agent(OOB) in Dev.

2) Customize the Request for Activation OOB workflow for content publishing as part of this workflow in the Activate Page process step identify the above created specific replication agent so that always when you publish your custom workflow will try to identify the specific custom replication agent you created and publish to that.

Refer:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/operations/replication.html...

Under  section Replication with Specific Agents.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raja

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure about the proper solution here but here are my 2 cents,

if you have AEM hosted on a different server you can block access requests of lower environment server IP which try to connect higher environment.

Arun Patidar

Level 1
Thanks Arun. Is there a way to do it within AEM? Like we control in a webserver

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gururaonk 

1) Create a custom replication agent pointing to the specific dev publisher remove or deactivate the existing default replication agent(OOB) in Dev.

2) Customize the Request for Activation OOB workflow for content publishing as part of this workflow in the Activate Page process step identify the above created specific replication agent so that always when you publish your custom workflow will try to identify the specific custom replication agent you created and publish to that.

Refer:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/operations/replication.html...

Under  section Replication with Specific Agents.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raja

Community Advisor

Usually (Ideally) there should be firewall restrictions on Prod servers to avoid such scenarios (and others).