Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there a way to configure CQ such that modifying a page directly on a publisher instance invalidates it from the dispatcher cache?

Level 7

Hi,

I have a job that runs on all publisher instances and continuously touches some pages (it modifies their cq:lastModified and cq:lastModifiedBy properties). I was expecting the pages to be invalidates from the dispatcher cache as a consequence of this, but they are not.

Of course I can modify the pages on the author and activate them, but is there a way to achieve this directly on the publisher instances without having to activate content from author to publishers first?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2
        You can write a event listener service, which is run mode aware. You can can listen to relevant jcr events and trigger content flush from publish. You'll have to setup flush agent on publish .instances.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Ideally we shouldnot be changing anything directly on the publish instance. Perfect would be to update in the author and activate them. 

But, if it has to be done then, you will have to write a code to invalidate cache 

Correct answer by
Level 2
        You can write a event listener service, which is run mode aware. You can can listen to relevant jcr events and trigger content flush from publish. You'll have to setup flush agent on publish .instances.