Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to call only web cache for specific URL's

Level 1

I am using CQ 5.5 with Apache web server. My current problem is I have placed some content in web server cache which is not present in publisher, so that dispatcher can directly call the content from cache. But half of the times, the request is going to publisher which is causing errors in the publisher. Is there any way to call specific URL's only from web cache present under root folder and not to invoke publisher?

Though the content has to be placed in publisher server, due to some urgent scenarios, placed it in web server directly.

Regards,

Deepak.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You could set up a separate document root in your apache configuration for static content and have it live outside of the AEM dispatcher cache.  

For example, if your AEM cache is under /var/www/aem/dispatcher/cache, you could setup a new directory /var/www/static and place your static files there, then create the appropriate configuration to serve content from /static when certain directories/pages are requested.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

You could set up a separate document root in your apache configuration for static content and have it live outside of the AEM dispatcher cache.  

For example, if your AEM cache is under /var/www/aem/dispatcher/cache, you could setup a new directory /var/www/static and place your static files there, then create the appropriate configuration to serve content from /static when certain directories/pages are requested.