Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to generate a UUID for uploadPath on fileUpload components?

Level 1

I have a situation where there is an image uploaded to a page with the cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/fileupload component using the uploadUrl property = ${suffix.path}. This image gets cached (based on our dispatcher rules) for 2 hours, which is fine. However, when the image gets swapped out for a new one, we have to wait upwards of 2 hours for it to change because the file name is not updated. It would be nice to keep the long cache of this image, but bust it when the image changes. One way to do this would be to add a version number or UUID of some sort to the upload file name. Is this possible in the cq:dialog XML? Something like 

uploadUrl="${suffix.path}.${generate.uuid}" 

would be nice in this situation.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Administrator

@arunpatidar @EstebanBustamante @Mahedi_Sabuj @A_H_M_Imrul 

@Shailesh_Bassi_ @Sady_Rifat @aanchal-sikka Can you please review this unanswered question? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

I will note that something I thought about after posting this question was that, if we had such a function, it may bloat the DAM with tons of files instead of replacing the same one, so may not be a desired solution anyway.