Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to force modal window pop up to allow authoring title in case title is missed during asset upload

Level 5

Hi Team,

We are looking to make title of an asset mandatory, and as part of this whenever author uploads an asset into dam if title is missing it should open a modal window to enter mandatory fileds like title and move forward.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You would have to overlay /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js and customize as per the needs.

However, this would also impact the bulk upload of assets. 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @aem-enthu27 

We can define the metadata fields mandatory via metadata schema OOTB. AEM already provides checks and highlights for mandatory data to be available.

If we follow the route of forcing the user to enter title while upload, then we would have to customize

- Upload asset via Create button

- Drag n drop

- Will also cause discrepancies for uploads from Desktop App/Asset Link.

Which use-case is bothering, even after making the title as mandatory via metadata schema?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 5

We want to force user to enter title while upload asset via create button.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You would have to overlay /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js and customize as per the needs.

However, this would also impact the bulk upload of assets. 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 5

Yes, I did

overlay /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js and customized as per the needs. working as expected If i upload one file.

same title for all the assets which we do not want.