Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integrating with multiple LDAP directories AEM 6.1

Level 3

Hi,

Could you please tell me process of integrating with multiple LDAP directories? In our case , we have two different domains - each has its own LDAP for user access. 
We need to integrate both LDAP directories to AEM. Currently we are using 6.1 version.

Thanks,
Hari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Regarding your 2 LDAP directories: Are there collisions in the usernames, that means that a username appears in directory a AND in directory B? If that's not the case, you can just configure both as recommended by the others; AEM will then query first directory A and in case of a miss directory B.

If this isn't the case and there accounts with the same username in both directory A and B, I don't see any chance to make that work reliably. Because on the AEM side you don't operate with the full full qualified LDAP name, but typically only with the user ID. And if this ID is not unique, you will run into issues.

Jörg

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Here is a LDAP article that shows how to hook up Apache DS: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/configuring-aem6-apache-directory-service.html

You can try to hook up multiple services. I personally have never tried more than 1. 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

you are talking about publish? And you you want to use a LDAP server depending on what site/domain the user visits?

Jörg

Level 3

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Here is a LDAP article that shows how to hook up Apache DS: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/configuring-aem6-apache-directory-service.html

You can try to hook up multiple services. I personally have never tried more than 1. 

Thank you for your response. I am looking for possibility of integrating with two different LDAP repositories to AEM as we have requirement to give access to two different domain users who are from two LDAP servers. 

Level 3

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for your response.

I am talking about Author access set up. We have users from two different domains. Each domain has its own LDAP repository. So requirement here is to give access to Author for both domain users who are from two LDAP servers. 

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Regarding your 2 LDAP directories: Are there collisions in the usernames, that means that a username appears in directory a AND in directory B? If that's not the case, you can just configure both as recommended by the others; AEM will then query first directory A and in case of a miss directory B.

If this isn't the case and there accounts with the same username in both directory A and B, I don't see any chance to make that work reliably. Because on the AEM side you don't operate with the full full qualified LDAP name, but typically only with the user ID. And if this ID is not unique, you will run into issues.

Jörg